I want todo roles that excite Me : Veda


‘THAMIZHAGAM‘ is my second Tamil film after my debut movie ‘Vegam‘ with Ashwin Sekar," says Archana. The softspoken Telugu speaking lass is still not fully fluent in Tamil but is keen to make her mark on the Tamil screen. "‘Tamizhagam‘ is a fully commercial film and my co-star is Rishi," she says. The songs screened at the launch portray her dancing and emoting skills to the maximum.

What happened to her debut film ‘Vegam‘? “Sadly it did not do anything much for my career in Tamil. But I am keen to do more Tamil films now,” she reflects.

Archana has plenty of on-screen experience as a consummate actor on the Telugu and Kannada screen. “I did the Kannada version of ‘Thimiru‘, ‘Nenu‘, the Telugu remake of ‘Kadhal Kondein‘ and other films like ‘Sriramadasu‘ and ‘Samanyadu‘," avers Archana. Nagarjuna and Balakrishan have been her co-stars.

The lass is also a consummate Kuchipudi dancer and with her fair complexion and oodles of talent, why haven’t Tamil directors realised her potential? “I don’t know, perhaps I haven’t been in Chennai for long and that could be one of the reasons,” she reflects.

Now the gal is waiting for the perfect roles to come along. “I don’t want to play the heroine who is just there for the songs. I am very confident about my performance. I have played a wide variety of roles, from goddess in two mythological films, to a college girl in ‘Nenu‘ and even a negative role in ‘Saamanyadu‘. I want to do roles and subjects that excite me,” says Archana.

With her Telugu and Kannada career doing so well, why the need to step into Tamil films? “Tamil films offer a good scope for acting with their really different and exciting subjects,” she smiles.

With so many films being churned out here, it’s not long before this talented actor will perhaps carve her niche in Kollywood.

More Telugu Cinema News, Reviews & Gossips

DISCLAIMER: Photos and other content are used from other sites & magazines . All credit goes to the actual site owners. We copied photos and links from other websites. We hold no responsibility for any illegal usage of the content.