Allu Arjun and Manoj's 'Vedam' launched

Director Rajamouli sounds clapboard on Allu Arjun and Manchu Manoj for Vedham muhurat shot

Director Radha Krishna Jagarlamudi aka Krish’s second film, Vedam, was launched today (June 12, 2009) at a special ceremony held at Cinemax Theatre in Banjara Hills, Hyderabad. The film has Allu Arjun, Manoj Kumar, Anushka and Manoj Bajpayee in the lead roles. Vedam is going to set new trends in Telugu with its unusual cast. The film is produced by Arka Media that also produces Rajamouli’s next - Maryada Ramanna. M M Keeravani is providing the music.

 
Several guests from Tollywood including the lead cast Allu Arjun and Manoj, veteran director K Raghavendra Rao, Tammareddy Bharadwaja, S S Rajamouli, M M Keeravani and others graced the ceremony. The muhurat shot was done on Allu Arju and Manoj.
 
How the film happened..
 
“I wanted to make Krishnam Vande Jagadugurum with Venkatesh but the script could not reach to the level of ‘great’ script, so I decided to drop it off and started working on this Vedam. I wanted to make this film with five characters with all newcomers. One days, Allu Arjun called on me for a lunch and during that he expressed his desire to work with me. I told him that I am on this film with newcomers and narrated him this line. He was really impressed with it and said that he would do this movie. I said no as I am planning it with newcomers but he was persistent. He then suggested Manchu Manoj’s name, I was shocked but I knew he would be correct for another role. And things began falling in place in April this year. Allu Arjun is lover of good cinema.
When I told Manoj this line, he said that he would not care about the length of the role and would stick to the bound script. He is good human being. Then I should thank Anushka for accepting this bold role. She loved her character and immediately said okay. That is how this mutli-starrer came into realization,” said director Radhakrishna.

Script is hero: Allu Arjun
 
Allu Arjun said that he believes the script is the film’s hero. “Why I have accepted this film is because of the script and second Krish is a good natured man and everyone likes him. That is we all came together putting aside our personal egos,” he said.

More Telugu Cinema News, Reviews & Gossips

DISCLAIMER: Photos and other content are used from other sites & magazines . All credit goes to the actual site owners. We copied photos and links from other websites. We hold no responsibility for any illegal usage of the content.