Malaika expected more fun from Mahesh Babu

Malaika Arora, who has done several hit item songs, recently shot her first Telugu dance number in Hyderabad and was in for a culture shock. Malaika, who teamed up with Mahesh Babu in a song in Athidi, describes the experience as hysterical."All those words and movements and some of those steps - the whole bump-and-grind routine that I was used to was completely changed," Malaika.
What Malaika found truly weird was the complete absence of interaction with her leading man during the dance. "When I danced with Shah Rukh Khan in 'Dil Se' and 'Kaal', we were dancing together. With Mahesh there was absolutely no interaction even though we were dancing on the same set. "He was playing the unattainable Adonis and I was the dancer. I found it hilarious. Mahesh said all of five words to me during the entire shooting. But, let me add, he's a thorough gentleman." Malaika requested the team for a more interactive dance.
"But I was told this is the way it is in the south. So I just did my work. It was nevertheless fun and worth it because I did it for a friend. I never thought I'd dance in a regional film. Namrata said they needed me to do a song and dance. I thought I wouldn't be able to mouth those Telugu words. But Namrata convinced me. It was ages since I had met her. I told her the entire team including the choreographer was unknown to me, and I wouldn't be comfortable. And to me being comfortable in what I do is very important. She told me to just relax and promised to be there for me. When I heard the track, I found it very cool."

More Telugu Cinema News, Reviews & Gossips

DISCLAIMER: Photos and other content are used from other sites & magazines . All credit goes to the actual site owners. We copied photos and links from other websites. We hold no responsibility for any illegal usage of the content.